A unique indoor ski & snowboard experience
Since 2012, Shredder has grown into the premiere indoor snow sports experience for families of Colorado’s Front Range. Our programs allow a fun-loving clientele to develop their ski and snowboard skills in a comfortable, social, and safe environment. With aspirations to expand nationally, Shredder is pursuing the mission of making snow sports accessible to all.
Shredder is Colorado’s first year-round ski and snowboard business dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of snow sports.
Shredder is a Colorado-owned, independent company focused on community engagement and families. Our business is designed to help lower the barriers of entry for kids and adults to learn a new sport by addressing the common industry issues of time, distance, and money. Shredder’s innovative curriculum and unique “snow” experience increases the conversion and retention rates for ski and snowboard participation because it is accessible, affordable, and fun!
Built around PSIA-AASI principles, Shredder’s philosophy is to guide participants through skill progressions to build confidence, knowledge, and proficiency. Our facility accommodates various stations that emphasize ski/snowboard techniques while developing the strength, agility, and athleticism to enjoy the sport independently.
The Shredder Experience
There is a lot more to skiing and snowboarding than just going down a hill. Especially with young children, approximately 90% of your time as a parent is spent between leaving your house and reaching the top of the hill - you have not even gone down the hill yet!
Our program is designed to maximize the entire ski/board experience.
Our Core Components
- Skiing and snowboarding are great family sports!
- Shredder provides strategies for parents to maximize their day
- Shredder is a small business that focuses on families
- Mission is to develop lifelong skiiers/riders
- Shredders learn in a fun and safe environment
- Engaging class themes and snow sports facts
- Strategies for parents to make their day adventurous
- Kids don't want to stop!
- PSIA/AASI experienced instructors
- Highlighted skill drills - balance, edging, pressure, and rotary
- Continuous education and practice
- Progress faster in lessons on the mountain!
Addressing Industry Challenges
- 85% of new skiers/riders nationwide only try the sports once
- Snow sports can be expensive and time-consuming
- Shredder will maximize your investment
- Shredder makes it affordable, accessible, and fun!
Learning to ski and snowboard is a process and similar to other sports, practice is essential to short and long term success. Our professionally developed curriculum incorporates many leading practices into an innovative indoor experience that will maximize your outdoor snow and sport adventures. This total snow experience also provides crossover benefits, so you’ll develop the skills needed both to shred on the slopes and in life.
Aspects of our curriculum include:
- Association for Indoor Ski & Snowboard Instruction (AISSI)
- Terrain Based Learning / Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) / American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI)
- Early Childhood Development
- Brain Plasticity / Athletic Development